Help Your Community
Funding for Community Cooperative programs comes primarily from private donations, faith-based and corporate contributions, grant support and the United Way of Lee County.
- We accept donations online through our secure online system. Thank you very much for your contribution. Every contribution makes a difference for those in need.
- DONATE TODAY
- If you would prefer not to donate online, we ask that you mail us your check to the following address, or call (239) 461-2802 with your credit card information.
- Community Cooperative
- EIN 59-2602772
- P.O. Box 2143
- Fort Myers, Florida 33902
Volunteers, staff, and board members work together to improve the quality of life in Southwest Florida and provide empowering, innovative programs resulting in sustainable positive change. Volunteers are people willing to give their resources, their knowledge and their energy to Community Cooperative to ensure better opportunities for our community today and for future generations. Click the button below to learn more about volunteering, or call our Volunteer Coordinator at 239-332-0441 for more information.
General Donations & Direct Program Support
Support the ongoing effort of Community Cooperative through an unrestricted gift. Community Cooperative simply would not be able to benefit those in need without community support. This kind of donation gives you the knowledge that you have directly helped your neighbors and supported the daily miracles in the lives of those in need.
Individuals can also donate gifts to a specific program or area of giving. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Meals on Wheels
- Sam’s Community Cafe & Kitchen and Community Market
- Mobile Food Pantry Program
- Social & Education Resource Centers
- Growing Healthy Kids Program
- You may also want to direct your support to a particular Community Cooperative special event in the community such as Becoming Cosmopolitan: Gone Country or The Annual Sam Galloway, Jr. & Friends Soup Kitchen Benefit.
Our staff at Community Cooperative would be happy to introduce you to our campus or community that the program of your choosing would benefit.
Help support Community Cooperative by giving on annual basis. There are easy options to set up a recurring pledge and contribute monthly, bimonthly, quarterly or annually.
While outright gifts of cash are the most popular method of supporting Community Cooperative, there are a variety of options available to potential donors. These include:
- Required Minimum Distributuion: The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is an excellent way to show your support for Community Cooperative and receive tax benefits in return. As you plan your required minimum distributions (RMD), consider using your IRA account to make the most of your charitable giving. You receive a tax benefit even if you take the standard deduction!
- Bequests: Include Community Cooperative in your will in the form of funds, stocks, or even a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Name Community Cooperative as one of the beneficiaries of your insurance policy. If you have a life insurance policy you don’t need anymore, you can also participate in legacy giving by donating your policy’s accumulated value to Community Cooperative.
- Retirement Accounts: Name Community Cooperative as a beneficiary or as a recipient of the percentage of your retirement proceeds.
Estate Planning and Memorial Gifts
Planned giving allows donors to make a significant impact on those in need over an extended period of time. Benefits to planned giving include reducing your taxes while providing an ongoing stream of funding to the program of your choosing. You can make a recurring pledge and contribute monthly, bimonthly, quarterly or annually. Community Cooperative can help develop estate planning packages that may include bequests, charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts. Community Cooperative is open to simple, powerful and highly personal approaches to estate planning or giving. Consider joining our legacy society.
To give a portion or the residuary of your estate:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath [all or a specified percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to Community Cooperative, Inc. Tax ID Number: 59-2602772, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the state of Florida, and with current business address of 3429 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33916, to be used for its general purposes.
If you have already included Community Cooperative in your estate plans, please let us know! Please contact Eunice Marquez at Eunice@CommunityCooperative.com
239-332-7687 x 125
to let us know that you’ve included Community Cooperative in your plans, or to request additional information.
Businesses, large and small, local or national, can be a significant part of helping Community Cooperative. Whether the contribution is monetary, goods or services, or public awareness, the impact that business can have on the community is tremendous. Companies often find that the effort and commitment to sponsor a program, event or campaign, provides great benefits to employee morale and sends a favorable message to clients and customers. There are many ways for your business to contribute:
- Your company can sign up to receive our annual appeals, provide a monthly or periodic pledge, or conduct a gift drive or charity outing for employees.
- Your company can organize and conduct a Food and Fund Drive, generating groceries as well as dollar contributions.
- Your company can donate equipment, supplies or employee expertise toward helping the Food Bank serve more people and become even more productive.
- Your company can adopt a Program to match or augment the funds generated by an employee drive.
- Your company can underwrite a program or fund in your company’s name
Sponsor an Event
Individual, group, or business donations can be used to sponsor an event or part of an event. We always need help at local festivals, shows, fairs, walks, food drives and special fundraisers. Sponsored activities and events help Community Cooperative, help the community and raise awareness and support. Contact us about upcoming opportunities or check out our signature special events, Becoming Cosmopolitan: Gone Country or The Sam Galloway, Jr. & Friends Soup Kitchen Benefit.