Community Cooperative is working to safely and responsibly meet the needs of our most vulnerable populations throughout SWFL. At this time, our priority of support and programming is the following.
*Please be advised this is subject to change*
- Meals on Wheels– continuing to deliver meals to our home bound seniors with increased safety protocols.
- Community Café/Soup Kitchen & Fort Myers Beach locations will be serving hot meals in To-Go containers.
- Community Market Food Pantry will have prepacked grocery bags. Clients will still do paperwork for intake purposes.
- Mobile Food Pantries are scheduled over the next several weeks. Current schedule and locations can be found HERE.
- Social Services will go to phone only meetings. Distribution of toiletries, mail and other essential services will be available. All Education Classes and FLIP are suspended until further notice. Additional resources can be downloaded here: Resources for Families COVID-19
How to help!
- We are asking supporters to make financial contributions to assist with additional emergency food purchases, and have published a list of food items for people to purchase and donate should they wish to contribute in that way.
- Online donations can be made here: www.communitycooperative.com/donate
Additional Resources for Food
The following organizations are currently providing modified emergency food services due to COVID-19. Click on the link to learn more and contact directly for updates and hours of service.
Lee County School District meal sites:
Harry Chapin Food Bank offers a food locator that lists partner organization’s location and normal operating hours. These hours may not be accurate due to changes from COVID-19. Contact the organization to confirm: https://harrychapinfoodbank.org/food-locator/
Providing grab and go sites for weekend food for children grades K-5 within Title 1 Elementary Public Schools.
Food Pantry providing pre-packaged food in Bonita Springs.
Address: 25300 Bernwood Dr #6, Bonita Springs, FL
Providing carry out hot meal and take home food in Bonita Springs.
Address: Leitner Neighborhood Park, 26724 Nomad Drive, Bonita Springs, FL
Providing food delivery to vehicles at our Cape Coral office.
Address: 4645 SE 15th Avenue, Cape Coral, FL.
Providing one month’s worth of food to the extent food is available to families outside of the facility.
Address: 4235 Michigan Avenue Link, Fort Myers
Providing prepackaged bags of food, meal delivery, food backpacks.
Address: 2430 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL
Providing drive thru food pantry from 8am-noon.
Address: 17592 Rockefeller Cir, Fort Myers, FL
Food pantry open Monday and Wednesday 8:45am- 11:15am. Clients must wait in personal vehicles until called into the pantry in groups of 1-2 at a time.
Address: 201 Plaza Dr #3, Lehigh Acres, FL
Providing mobile food pantries. Check website for more information.
Address: 2221 Corporation Blvd, Naples, FL
Providing food at Center of Hope at back entrance. Also, Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30, bagged food will be provided in different locations throughout county.
Address: 10291 McGregor Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33919